My weeboo gear, let me show you it.
(good job, photobomber)
Me during UP AME Monogatari at World Trade Center.
I was there to cover the event but I also wanted to wear something in theme. I planned to go as a fox spirit first but I thought there’d be a lot of people doing that.
Instead, I pulled out two things that have been laying on my closet for a loooooong time.
My top is a men’s yukata that I folded and stay-stitched (to temporarily fit it with my malandi length shorts) and a hakama inspired felted shorts. I made the kimono in standard traditional men’s kimono measurements, thus the bulky look on my toothpick body.
The fabric I used for the yukata is a woven treasure bought from Mongolia. Because the fabric is too precious, the yukata is hand stitched to limit or prevent any damage a brusk machine can do. The fabric I used for the shorts is a felted wool which part ofan experiment on fabric I did years ago. I should get clearer shots of this outfit so I can show you the wonderful embroidery and texture these fabrics have.
Ah, my peg that day is a Meiji era errand boy! It’s the time when Japanese fashion first met the West’s. What do you think? :)
Thanks to Wilson Tortosa for this photo!
24 Notes/ Hide
- neuropressure likes this
- carminepink likes this
- ihaveadawnie said: arrgh ung bag strap
- ihaveadawnie likes this
- spitfirex reblogged this from alittledecadence and added:
- starsinabottle likes this
- ceruleanelixir likes this
- miaowgetshyde likes this
- chainhighlighter likes this
- krinkletwinklesnomore likes this
- awesomethingsaregoodforyou likes this
- misunderstoodvillain likes this
- vitaluna likes this
- angstxiety likes this
- lalalinemachine likes this
- opiumtwin likes this
- akaruchii said: may me gusta sa likod HAHAHAHAH epic~~!
- eclair likes this
- rootedinvanity likes this
- trick-h likes this
- chasegosingtian likes this
- jlayson likes this
- omgluie likes this
- alittledecadence posted this